StAMP Virtual Brass Conservatoire
Calling all brass players, whatever your age and ability, wherever you are, whatever you play!
The University of St Andrews will continue its StAMP Virtual Conservatoire programme this spring with a multifaceted session delivered by its renowned team of tutors, including the University’s ensemble in residence, The Wallace Collection, and special guests Russell Gray, Tracey Redfern and composer Andrew Knight-Hill.
The session is co-promoted with the Royal Irish Academy of Music and New Music Dublin and is one of their launch events for their new initiative to support composers and brass players across the island of Ireland.
The event will include:
- Yoga breathing with Shams Abu-Tayeh
- Playing by ear with jazz pianist Richard Michael
- Virtual side-by-side play along with The Wallace Collection on music from the 19th century Cyfarthfa Band
- ‘Ask me anything’ session with Russell Gray and Tracey Redfern
- Deep dive into some of the most important archives of brass instruments and manuscripts with Stuart Harris Logan from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Sonic adventures in brass: an exploration of contemporary extended techniques (many of which are not as contemporary as we think), including a session on playing with live electronics and ‘realtime’ synchronised playing online.
Ticket information: Free