Health guidelines for this event
Join staff and students from CEED (Centre for Educational Enhancement and Development), the Rector's Office and the Students' Association for this very St Andrews affair, in which University academics, students and professional staff come together in School 3 of St Salvator's Quad on what would have been a sad Monday night during the first week of revision to bring new energy into the week instead with lively conversation, drinks and canapés.
The event is organised by the Education Committee (a student-led committee, part of the Students' Association) and co-hosted by students in the School of English, Saints LGBT+, the Environment Subcommittee, Your Union Events, and Rector, Leyla Hussein.
The panel discussion will not only explore heavy issues of educational equity at the University, but also discuss light and hopeful futures, with free food and non-alcoholic refreshments for all.
The evening's panellists are:
- Hitanshi Badani, Panel Moderator
- Stella Maris, St Salvator's Senior Student and Rector's Assessor
- Q Manivannan, PhD scholar and tutor (Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Professor Ali Watson, Third Generation Project Director and IR Head of School
- Dr Gerald Prescott, Associate Dean Education (Science) and CELPiE Lead
- Dr Shruti Narayanswamy, Entrepreneurial Education Developer (CEED)
This event kicks off a week of activities surrounding the formal installation of Dr Leyla Hussein as the Rector of the University of St Andrews. Full details can be found on the Rector's Installation Facebook page.