Enterprise Week: Software Start-ups 101
As part of St Andrews Enterprise Week, join ideaQuad team members Scott (Founder, Full Stack Developer) and Sam (Communities) for a behind-the-scenes look at ideaQuad’s journey.
ideaQuad is a new online research software platform that was developed by a team comprised of recent alumni, current students, and staff at St Andrews. It will publicly launch during this academic semester.
Topics covered during this virtual event will include:
- Entrepreneurial support within the University.
- Tier 1 (start-up) visas for international students.
- Insights about web development and cloud computing from the perspective of an early-stage software start-up.
The virtual event will conclude with an interactive discussion where event participants can ask questions and meet the speakers.
Event participants will be invited to attend a focus group (to be scheduled at a later date), where they will be provided with early access to the ideaQuad software platform.
- Scott is a St Andrews alumni and current staff member. He completed an MLitt in Modern History (2013), MSc in Computing and Information Technology (2014) and MPhil in Computer Science (‘17). He is currently a Full Stack Developer based in the Office of the Principal. Scott helped to create St Andrews Enterprise Week during his studies in 2014.
- Sam is a PhD student in the School of Management at St Andrews. She has previously completed an MA (Hons) in Management and MRes in Management. She currently serves as Postgraduate Society President, and founded the social enterprise Populus.
This lecture is free and open to everyone, students, staff and the public.
This event will be run over Microsoft Teams video. Please sign up to attend, and a link to join the session will be emailed to you one hour before the event starts.
There are free events each day during St Andrews Enterprise Week 2020, details of which are available on the Enterprise Week Facebook page. Be sure to come along!