Limited access Past event
Biology PGR/postdoc careers session Family, Science and compromises: what to expected in the job market
Health guidelines for this event
- Face masks required
- Physical distance maintained event
- Event area sanitised before event
This biology postgraduate career session will feature discussions around the challenges of finding a job in sciences while balancing a family life.
The event will include a diverse panel of speakers, academics and non academics, who will talk about personal experiences and offer suggestions on how to find the optimal balance between a rewarding job and a stable family life.
The panel of speakers includes:
- Dr Christopher Stockdale, Clinical Scientist at Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Katie Gillies, Health Care Assessment Programme Director & Senior Research Fellow, University of Aberdeen
- Julie McLellan, Career Adviser, University Careers Center
- Professor Maria Dornelas, School of Biology
- Dr Nicholas Jones, Postdoctoral Researcher in the School of Biology
Each speaker will give a ten-minute presentation followed by five-minutes for questions. At the end of the session there will be a round table discussion. The event will run on a dual mode: most talks will be live but some will be online via MS Teams.
Please register for the event using this online form.