A job guarantee for Scotland?
With the rise of AI and casualised work, and the drive to transition away from polluting industries, the ability people have to keep themselves employed has never been less secure. Should Scotland respond by instituting a job guarantee? This event brings together a set of internationally renowned academics as well as some of the brightest thinkers from Scottish politics and advocacy to debate the merits of such a move.
- Marion Ellison, Social Policy, Queen Margaret University
- Daniel Johnson, MSP and Scottish Labour Spokesperson on Fair Work
- Virginia Mantouvalou, Law, University College London
- William Thomson, Founder, Scotonomics
- Philippe van Parijs, Economics and Social Ethics, University of Louvain
- Andrea Veltman, Philosophy, James Madison University
Part of the University's Scotland's Future Series.
Scotonomics will run livestream the event. Please complete this online form if you would like to be sent the livestream link.